Fellowship of the (Blog)Ring

You'll notice I've added a couple of links. It seems that I have started a bit of a craze with the whole blogging thing. And I think that's a good thing. Previously, many of the pearls of wisdom that my friends and I exchanged were lost (horribly lost!) when the delete button hit the emails we sent. In a way, this is a much more permanent way to communicate our opinions, rants, likes, dislikes, vagaries, etc. A communal method of journaling, if you will.

I wonder what the future holds for blogging. Are we all self-indulgent (well, er, yes ...), do we have delusions of grandeur (in that we believe somebody out there in the ether gives a damn what we think) or do we simply believe in the democratization of information (ie do we want to become citizen-journalists)? Not sure - haven't figured it out. But I do have a little daydream that one day in the very distant future, an historian will stumble upon a backup CD of my little blog, figure out the long-obsolete technology, and I will become the subject of a history paper. Now that's an absolutely fabulous fantasy for historians.

So long live our neophyte Fellowship of the (Blog)Ring! I'd love to make more Tolkien-esque allusions, but those who know me know that I'm really not a fan...

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
Not a fan of LOTR? And I thought you were Ms. Pop Culture Extraordinaire! Well, I like your analogy, anwyay. I have visited your links and tried to encourage the brand-new-baby-blogger in Priddis by leaving a comment. I can see this becoming a lifestyle, rather than just a hobby...!
zouzou said…
Yes, well we can't all be part of the exalted few that are LOTR junkies (then there's DN, who once tried to test me by asking me the name of Tom Bombadil's wife. Wimp. Any novice knows that)

Popular Posts