Delayed Delayed Gratification

Did I say four more sleeps about six sleeps ago???? What a blow - my cherished new piece of furniture is still not with me! And man, was I pissed on Thursday night when it didn't show up.

I phoned delivery services at 5 pm to ensure it was on its way - yes it was. I duly moved my old furniture (and as I am recovering from a recent back injury, I had to do this cautiously) and was ready at just after 5 pm for the buzzer to go. Six o’clock came and went; as did 7 pm, and 8 pm. Finally at 8:45 I received a call from the delivery truck saying they would be here in 15 minutes. By 9:30 (45 minutes later) I called delivery services, and after waiting for about 10 minutes, was transferred to customer service. It seems they could not contact the Calgary delivery station, as they said their phone lines were down. Wait a minute, the phone lines were not working??? This is Calgary, not the Gulf Coast! Methinks there was subterfuge going on, or incompetence.

I was so angry I got on my laptop and ripped off a letter to the CEO and immediately faxed it off, looking for appropriate action and compensation, and saying how disappointed and frustrated I have been throughout this purchase process with his company. Hrrumph. If we don't take our power back as consumers, they will walk all over us...

The next day I hoped for some action - nothing. So I phoned delivery services again. At first they said the delivery bunnies had arrived at my place at 8:35 and left at 8:43. "Blatant lies!!!!" I yelled at the poor woman down the (now-operational) phone lines. I could hear she was thrown off her game, but she recovered quickly with a grovelling apology and an offer to rebook the delivery. The earliest they had available was Tuesday. So here I sit, not on my comfy new piece of furniture from a major North American department store (hint: starts with "S", ends with "S"), but on my raggedy old Ikea one - that had been delivered exactly when they said it would be some 10 years ago...

Sigh. Being an activist-consumer is darn hard work....

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Elaine said…
Oh dear... So sorry to hear about all this. Incompetence is infuriating, isn't it? It is especially infuriating when they have your money and you have nothing -- except frustration, for all your hard earned dollars!

You go right on being an activist! We need more people to take on that role, so such things don't keep happening.

Rock on, Bast!
zouzou said…
That's the grrl! more growlies, less nice kitty!
Anonymous said…
I can only assume that this particular blog is a thinly veiled request for me to gank the bastards that did this to you. Consider it done. I know people.

Popular Posts