Happy Birthday Alberta!

So here it is - Alberta's 100th birthday, or centennial, if you will. When I went back and thought about it, I have lived here for almost 20 years, which is almost half of my life. That's 1/5 of Alberta's life. Sheesh. That's a lot of life.

Wonder if I'll still be here for the 125th anniversary? You see, the plan is that eventually, I will buy some place in a warm locale, so that I don't have to put up with the increasingly long and bothersome Calgary winters. I actually think this is a plan shared by many of my fellow Albertans, so not at all innovative. I already have a place here in Alberta. Now I get to try and figure out where to buy elsewhere. I'm thinking Spain, and because I have dual EU citizenship (yay!), I could do it with little hassle. Oh, and I speak the language. Apparently that isn't a barrier to millions of Brits and Germans who are busy buying up their piece of paradise though...

Me being me though, I don't want a normal place. I've been looking at cave houses. Too drab and dull I hear you saying? Never - a little white-wash and you're away! Take a look: http://www.spanish-inland-properties.com/cavehomes.html I should probably go and stay in one for a month or so first. I can get a little claustrophobic - hmmm, possibly time to rethink plan ...

So anyway, where was I? (I'm so easily distracted.) Oh yes - Alberta's centennial. You'd think in a province with NO debt, we might, once every 100 years, get a stat holiday to celebrate. But NOOOOooooooo - apparently it would cost too much money. All I can say is Ebeneezer Klein (aka Scrooge) should be ashamed.

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
Yes, and isn't it ironic that on Alberta's 100th birthday, gas prices jumped 20%?

I think Spain is a fine idea! A lo mejor que tu casa sera la nuestra tambien, si?
zouzou said…
oooh, I LOVE the cave houses! Maybe we should get a bunch of us to invest in one and time share!!
Bast said…
Yes, yes! Time share, or fractional ownership, or whatever!
Unknown said…
Cavehouses are superb! I bought one last year and havnt regretted one single moment! used the guy from your link aswell

go for it

CR

Popular Posts