An Active Dream Life

A dear friend passed away on Friday, and I just found out about it today... I think. You see, I'm pretty sure that I dreamt about her on Friday night, and perhaps, just perhaps, we crossed paths that night on another dimensional plane. Sound crazy? Not really. I believe that we live out a very active life while unconscious or sleeping. I certainly do. And I'm glad for it, because we spend approximately one-third of our lives asleep. I for one don't care to think that those hours are being wasted away, rejuvenating mind and body to tackle the stresses of the next, conscious day.

I have an extraordinary dream life that rivals my conscious one. I have vivid, sometimes even lucid dreams that I remember for weeks. I can sometimes return to the same dream in subsequent nights, allowing for a type of sequel-effect. I have told this to others, and they look at me with something that resembles pity, inferring then that my conscious life must be very sad indeed. Poppycock. My conscious life is rich and full too, and I feel sorry for others who cannot share such an equally vibrant unconscious life.

I have dabbled a bit in dream interpretation, especially as I seem to specialize in dreams with houses, and houses in which I discover secret and wonderful rooms. In the dream dictionary, this means that your subconscious mind is working through issues and you are discovering new parts of yourself. How divine. Therapy by Hypnos.

So here's to sleep - to sacking out, to taking a nap, a kip, 40 winks, some shut-eye, a snooze - whatever you choose to call it.

I'm off to bed - to my "other" life. See you soon - maybe even on the subconscious dimensional plane.

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
Dear Bast,

So sorry to hear about your friend. How cool though, that you dreamt of her. This does not surprise me one bit.

Never knew about your secret other life though... Yet another layer peeled off the onion that is Bast! (Ooh, mixing metaphors... what fun!)
Anonymous said…
My favorites are:

1. Flying/floating, obviously (this is a lucid dream specialty for me)
2. Breathing under water (just cup your hand around your mouth!)
3. Kicking ass. Holy shit I'm a tough bitch in my dreams! (although when working with a gun it always seems to go all gooey and floppy and just sorta 'patooie's' the bullet out. 'Thbpt')

A lot of my dreams are suitable for publication as x-file episodes. If x-files was still around. Which it isn't, thank you very much.

Popular Posts