Where's the Bloody Sun????

First of all, Merry Christmas to all. Hope you had a wonderful day, wonderful meals, surrounded by wonderful friends and family. May it all have been wonderful. We had a nice quiet day, spent on the phone with friends and family across the Pond. Wonderful to hear their voices, albeit once a year or so.

Second of all - does Ontario get any sunshine in winter at all, ever??? I left Alberta (read, God's Country) on Dec. 23 and the sun was shining, the wind was chinookin' ... it was all good. Arrived at Toronto late late that evening, so I'll forgive there was no sun then. But since then, I haven't seen the sun once! This is not good for one's soul, not to mention one's Vitamin D levels.

This is why I left England, and why I left Ontario too for that matter. I carefully chose Alberta due to the high number of days of sunshine available to me annually. I suffer from SAD (seasonal affective disorder, for those who think I'm just weepy all the time) and sunshine hours are important. I'm beginning to get a bit tetchy over here. I need to see the sun soon - or the Son, given the season. Pretty sure either would lift my spirits.

So if you find either one, send them my way, ok? Cheers, thanks very much.

Comments

zouzou said…
Hang in there Bast! This is where one of those sun-lamp thingies would come in handy. I am sad to report the sun has forsaken us today too, it's overcast and getting colder (when did you say you were coming home?) Heaven forbid, it may go down to -10 tonight!!
Sarah Elaine said…
Oh let the sunshine in, and face it with a grin!

OK, now I'm just being silly. Or was that pathetic?

They did say on the news the other day that taking Vitamin D can reduce the risk of certain kinds of cancer.

I echo Z's question... When you coming home??
Anonymous said…
Sun good. Fire bad. Tree pretty.

So tired.

Popular Posts