Valoo Villaj Expedition

I was thinking a bit about fashion the other day, as I was trawling - or is that trolling? - the Valoo Villaj aisles with Z. and S. Never really been a fashionista, moi, but was beginning to dole out advice to S. in an almost Blackwell-esque way. Abercrombie and Fitch, good - Northern Reflections, bad; flares and boot cuts, good - floods and straight cuts, bad. Hmmm. Which started me thinking where I had got these new-found fashionista leanings. Imagine my surprise when I tracked it back to reality TV? What Not to Wear, to be exact. Truth be told, I've actually learned something from that show. And I think I needed to, because my fashion disasters stem once again from being an only child. No sister or brother to laugh out loud at your outfits; just Mom and Dad saying, "Oooo, that's nice, dear."

And then my mind wandered to the future - being a budding futurist and all - and what fashion would be, should be. I think we're all beginning to doubt the futuristic metallic jumpsuits that we were supposed to be sporting by now. As Jean-Luc Picard and the boys on TNG found out, those things ain't that comfortable. And the female crew found them damn inconvenient when taking a quick pee break.

I think that fashion has evolved to a point where we've learned enough lessons from the fashion oopsies of past decades, and are now able to pick and choose the best from the past and leave the rest on the rubbish heap of fashion history, if you will. So if you like longer skirts and they look good on you, wear them. If you're a fan a turtlenecks and blazers, go for it. If you just can't part with those 80s stirrup pants, well, then you may be a fashion disaster waiting to happen and I wash my hands with you. I said Good Day! (Feeble attempt at That 70s Show reference.)

So I shall continue to roam the VV aisles and dispense my sage fashionista advice freely and without charge, even. I cannot let my peeps down.

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
You cannot let your peeps down, indeed!

And I must say, my Abercrombie and Fitch jeans make my rear look mighty fine.

You da man! Make that... You da woman!

Sah-dah-tay.

Popular Posts