A Break from Politics

Seems I've been blasting away now about the Canadian political scene for a few posts now, so thought I'd change topic. But before I do .... did you hear Stephen Harper ended up in an Ottawa hospital a couple of days ago with respiratory problems (perhaps asthma, perhaps pneumonia, we're not too sure...)? Doesn't exactly inspire confidence - probably stress-induced to boot. And he hasn't even taken office yet. The best line was from a colleague in my office, who said he probably had the stress-induced attack because he realized he had to put Stockwell Day in his Cabinet. Nice.

But on to other things. I said that if I found consumer products I really liked, I would share them with the blogosphere. Well, I really like the portable towel warmer I bought recently at Linens 'n Things. I'd been eyeing these things for almost two years and my mother finally got fed up and bought me a gift card at Christmas. So I got one. It's lovely. It warms your towels and dries your smalls. You can get out of the shower and clamber into a nice warm, snuggly towel. I'm definitely addicted. It reminds me of staying in the really nice hotels, and sometimes you just have to pamper yourself. Go. Buy one. You won't regret it.

Comments

Turtle Guy said…
Nice to see you found something both practical and pampering. My favourite toy is the desktop beverage warmer. I like to drink tea, coffee, hot chocolate at work in the home office, but I tend to nurse it. I discovered these handy gadgets about the time I was trying to cut back on coffee. I bought one, didn't use it right away and found another practical use. I was invited to a staff Christmas party last-minute and needed a "secret santa" gift around $5.00. This warmer of mine was sitting on the shelf. Perfect. The kitchen isn't that far from the desk anyway!

Thanks for the birthday well-wishes!
Echomouse said…
Sounds like a must have (the towel warmer) :)
zouzou said…
Well, adding the towel warmer to your fabulously warm floor just puts things right over the top! Wallow in it, dahling, wallow wallow wallow.
Anonymous said…
Your smalls?

Popular Posts