Buffalo Bast

Again, I've been really busy lately (like there's any other way of life for me ...) I've been working at a conference here in Calgary. Lots of early ups, which are NOT my forte. I've been out of the house for 18 hours straight two days in a row and still have another day to go.

I sure needed a break this afternoon. Luckily, the conference is at the RoundUp Centre on the Stampede grounds, and Aggie Days are on. Just next door to our conference was a wonderful collection of barnyard animals available for petting and general stress relief. Heaven.

After a quick visit to the llamas (because, really, who doesn't love llamas?) I rounded the corner to come across a mighty beasty. A buffalo. A real, live buffalo. And he was house-trained. Honest. His name is Bailey, and he's a bit of an Alberta celebrity. Had his third and fourth birthdays with Ralph Klein (no accounting for taste, on Bailey's part) and has had photo shoots in all the best magazines, including Maxim UK.

Don't believe me? Here's his website: www.baileythebuffalo.com

I was allowed into the pen with his owner to pet him. Let me tell you he is one big buffalo - but he's lovely with it.

And the best part is petting a buffalo was on my life list of things to do. Check.

Comments

wthenrest said…
VERY COOL!!! I know of which buffalo you speak!! Was he nice? Smelly? wirey? I don't know if I have ever been close to a buffalo.
That is very cool.

Popular Posts