Winding Down ...

I can feel it - oh, yes I can feel it! That inevitable feeling the week before you go on vacation. Nothing else matters. I don't care what I get done at work. I don't actually care that I'm at work. I just want to go on my vacation.

Not that it will be super exciting. Just back home, to see old friends, my parents and their old friends, and maybe even make some new friends. But it will be away, and I need to get away for awhile.

I heard the other day that a full 20% of Albertans never take a vacation. Too busy making money to pay for the Hummer, the ritzy condo, the blazingly glam lifestyle, I suppose. I don't get it. I need vacations - I want vacations - I long for vacations. In fact, I really do just want to be on vacation for the rest of my life.

Now if I could just figure out a way to do that. Ideas, or straight donations to the retirement fund, very welcome.

Comments

Turtle Guy said…
You could rob a bank... it would afford you an all-expenses-paid vacation to an all-inclusive establishment complete with in-house wardrobe and a fabulous social community!

I think free transportation is included also!
Sarah Elaine said…
What can I say except... enjoy your (much deserved!) vacation!
zouzou said…
You could start a call-girl service with a twist: talk them OUT of their horny attitude ;) straight talk from a celibate. I'm sure there's an angle in there somehwhere! Have fun, give my love to your folks!

Popular Posts