Much better ...

Thanks to everyone who ... felt my pain. I appreciate it.

Anyway, there I was again tonight - another 2 1/2 hours, but this time I thought I'd take it cool and do it sitting down. The pacing and the stumbling of last week was just too much for me. Don't know why, but this was much better. More like talking to friends in a room. I was actually - on the odd occasion - enjoying myself! Shock - horror. Didn't get through half of what I wanted/needed to because we diverged into a conversation about whether Graceland was a pilgrimage site and whether Elvis, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, JFK, etc. qualified as types of modern-day saints about which cults of the personality had grown. Good, chatty stuff. Much more my style. Felt tons more like my old self.

Have actually given myself permission to look forward to this trip. Wow. Miracles never cease. Thanks be to Santiago ...

Comments

Turtle Guy said…
Good show! Smile.
Sarah Elaine said…
See? Always knew you were a star!

Vaya, mujer!
Sarah Elaine said…
Helllooowww??? Anyone home in Bast's Blogland? Been a while since you've posted. Miss ya...

Popular Posts