A Couple of Outrageous Examples...

It's not only the Calgary real estate market that is insane - Vancouver is pretty crazy too. A couple of quick examples...

A Calgary listing for $189,000, in an admittedly sub-prime (read: sketchy) area of the city. Land value only? Except that Calgary has no natural boundaries and just keeps expanding and expanding and expanding...



This one really had me scatching my head...I even checked MLS in Vancouver for accuracy. Seems that listing is no longer valid, but I did find this one listed for $1,149,000. Pure insanity. A 9-bedroom French chateau on 30 acres, or 2000 sq ft "Old timer" in Marpole, Vancouver West. Lest you think the French property is a hoax, check out a whole lot of similar chateaux here.

The inmates really are running the insane asylum.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my God. In my whole career as a realtor in Toronto I have never seen such an insane price for, lets be be honest, something so cheap looking like this. I have to say that Toronto is pretty quiet right now, but we did have a few extra ordinary listings, most of them sadly without a consult of an agent. Even this couldn´t have gone through an agent. It is just not normal. I really hope that people will come to their senses when it comes to this.
Julie
Anonymous said…
780 West60th's listing mandate expired July 15/08. Seems the developer wanted to make a $500k profit on his purchase the year before. Painting the house didn't make up for the difference in asking price! :>)

Popular Posts