I've been meaning to post - I really have - but, well, you know....
I came across this the other day, and it pretty much explains why:
The Procrastinator's Code of Conduct
- I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already.
- I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
- I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
- I shall meet all of my deadlines, directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them.
- I truly believe all deadlines are unreasonable, regardless of the amount of time given.
- I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
- If at first you don't succeed, there is always next year.
- I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
- I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it.