Best 42 Cents I've Spent in Awhile....

I have been following the public misery of Brian Mulroney and his increasingly comical attempts to defend his actions at the Oliphant enquiry with great glee. Now, I am no Mulroney fan - I met him when I was quite young, but took the measure of the man very quickly. Vain, arrogant, condescending, and sleezy were all words that came to my teenage mind then, and I haven't changed my opinion of the man over the following 30-odd years.

So I am thinking that this Oliphant enquiry, with its $14 million price tag, is very good value for money. Broken down per capita, that's 42 cents per Canadian, and I have to say for sheer enterntainment value alone, it's worth every cent. Hell, I'd even pay some of my fellow Canadians' share (and deliver it in a paper bag, at a hotel, over coffee.) Oh, how the mighty have so deliciously fallen! Again, my propensity towards schadenfrauden abounds here.

CPAC, methinks, miscalculated on this one. The Oliphant enquiry almost deserves to pay-per-view...oh, wait a minute - it already is...

Comments

Popular Posts