A New Form of Library...

Yes, yes, I know - it's been awhile since my last post. There are some very good reasons for this, and perhaps one day, I will find the strength to blog about this time in my life. But not quite now.

But I have been doing some significant re-organization and re-integration of my life these days. Specifically, I have been recycling things, especially books. I am a bit of a packrat when it comes to books, which would be superb, except I rarely read the books I buy. Hence I do not feel I warrant the title of bibliophile.

So became quite excited when I discovered this new Internet project called LibriVox. This takes public domain literary works, and has volunteers read and record them. Thye are then posted in downloadable formats, like .mp3 or .zip files. Perfect - I can build my library, at least my classical library, online and squirrel it away on a hard rive. This should free up space in my life. And this should alleviate my guilt at not reading what I buy.

A quite elegant 21st century solution to my 20th century book affliction.

Comments

Brain Dumps said…
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

Popular Posts