I've been doing some thinking today about corporations. I guess it was that Air France miracle at Pearson that started it all off. I kept thinking that if Air France really wanted to turn this into a good news, celebratory story, they would give each and every one of those 309 passenger-survivors a free flight a year for as long as they live. Now that's thinking about corporate reputation strategically. If it had been a WestJet flight, they would have been all over it. Westjet has been very canny over the years, always stepping up to the plate to give away strategic free flights that enhance their corporate reputation.

But what happens to corporations who merge and one, or both, reputations disappear? Perhaps we need a little corporation cemetery, with all these little headstones listing their first and last ticker prices. The body corporate and all that. Here in Calgary we still have buildings named for long-dead, or merged, corporations. Eerie, really, walking into the Dome Building.

So this is blogging. Cool. Stay tuned.

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
Love your blog! I will definitely stay tuned. Air France should be reading this, too!

Sarah
Anonymous said…
cool blog
Anonymous said…
Westjet has left me feeling a certain "I don't know what" as of late. My last two flights have been inauspiciously devoid of fun banter and bombast. Stupid fun police.

Popular Posts