Off My Game

I hate feeling ill. Or rather, I hate feeling a little bit ill. Full-blown sick is easier to deal with, as you can just lie on the couch, mope and feel sorry for yourself. Feeling slightly off your game is bothersome. You're lying on the couch, but you're feeling guilty while you're doing it.

I started feeling dizzy and really tired last night, and before I knew it, had convinced myself it was either a female heart attack or avian flu. Decided not to stay for the concert I was at as I had a full morning meeting the next day. I got through the meeting and came home, feeling really tired once again. Hit the couch. Napped. Got up and made something to eat. That's the other thing about feeling ill and living alone - no one to pamper you, or alternately tell you to suck it up and get over it. There's no moral barometer at your side, so you just slide ever-more gently downwards to a state of blissful self-indulgence.

Almost ordered a pizza - a sure sign of feeling sorry for myself. But in the end sucked it up and made dinner. Perhaps you can be your own moral barometer after all?

Oh, and is anyone else out there sick to death of the fear-mongering going on about the avian flu? I heard today that it will strike those with a healthy immune system the worst, as it did in 1918. If that's the case, I'm really very safe - and am available to pass this whatever it is on to you at your convenience. I am so very civic-minded.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wait a minute. It's going to strike the healthiest the worst? That's retarded. What, have we entered bizarro world where we all wear hats on our feet and hamburgers eat people? Because if that's the case I'm leaving. Good day, sir. I SAID 'GOOD DAY'!
Sarah Elaine said…
You know you CAN (and really, OUGHT TO) call people when you feel like that! (Insert finger wagging here.)

I know that I am often the worst person to gauge what I really need - be it papmering or a good swift kick - though I'm quite certain I'd never need those both at the same time. That could really mess up your head.

Anyway, I'm sure it's not the avian flu. Hope you are feeling better today. And if not... let your fingers do the walking...
zouzou said…
hmm, that sounds pretty suspect. Have you been hitting the conspiracy-theory sites again?

And I echo the finger-wagging - though I've already wagged in person, let this stand as a record for posterity: PHONE if you get sick!
Sarah Elaine said…
hhhmmmm... Bast's silence is making me wary... Is all well in Bast-land?

Popular Posts