Bast’s Top 10 Reasons to Hate Year-end Top 10 Lists

10. They always include at least one thing I’ve never heard of in them – and that makes me feel out of touch.

9. Star Trek is never mentioned.

8. Neither is Babylon 5.

7. Too much weather. Enough about the earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc. Not covered by insurance anyway.

6. Too Western-centric, except for the disasters. When’s the last time the AIDS epidemic in Africa made the list?

5. Too many celebrity death rolls - who did we lose this year – way too morbid, and really, who cares?

4. Makes me think too much about the end of the year. Stop it already. I hate New Year’s Eve.

3. Makes me think that I watch too much television, and other such navel-gazing thoughts.

2. Too many “Year in Review” spots on the telly. And not one devoted to Coronation Street. (OK, I obviously do watch too much television …)

And the Number 1 Reason to Hate Year-end Top 10 Lists ….

1. Bast never appears on any of them (er, except this one ….nuts…)

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
You're brilliantly funny... And we could start our own lists, you know... :-)

Top 10 Reasons to watch Star Trek.
Top 10 Reasons to watch Coronation St. (not that I do, anymore...)
Top 10 Reasons why Women with Llamas are cool...

The list of lists is endless, really...
Anonymous said…
Don't you see what you've done here? You hate the list for mentioning something you haven't heard of which you find, for some odd reason, crisis engendering, but you have done the very same thing to me with your crazy list!

What is this "AIDS epidemic" of which you speak in this mythical place you call "Africa"? For the love of god woman! Stop the insanity!
zouzou said…
Bast, you are a genius. Between you and that scuzzbag Liana (Hi! love your comments - WHERE'S the BLOG?? I'm waitiiinnng...) I'm going to have to encourage my two pathetic brain cells to fire more often. Not that it would make any difference. Add my pet peeves to the list: a) Blonde women who ALL look the same getting insane amounts of media coverage while they make up and breakup with hubbies or lovers or chihuahuas. b) entire cities being wiped out in Pakistan earthquakes and getting ONE DAY of coverage, ditto AIDS epidemics (Liana: Anihilating International Disease Sidelined)

Popular Posts