Calgary Has Arrived

Just wanted to let everyone know that Calgary has offically arrived as a "cool" metropolitan city. Why, you ask? Simple.

Today I saw a man "driving" around the downtown core on a Segway. Complete with helmut. And let me tell you, he was really turning heads.

For those of you who don't know what a Segway is, remember the hype a few years ago about the invention that would be "It"? That's the Segway - a human transporter; an electric scooter that you stand on. Take a look at: www.segway.com

If you want to buy one (around $5,000-$6,000 depending on the model) check out the Canadian distributor at: www.mysegway.ca/.

Gotta say I'm intrigued. Perhaps might make it as another one of Bast's Best Products in the near future ...

Comments

Turtle Guy said…
Ever neat! I saw a man today on a regular scooter - you know, the kind with two little wheels and a skinny platform - the kind a lot of kids are using.

My anticipation is for Friday. There's a big Health Care Rally planned at Olympic Plaza for 5:30. Yours truly is running the sound - I heard rumours it's gonna be big!
Sarah Elaine said…
Yah, wonder how those'd hold up during a REAL winter??
Sarah Elaine said…
Oh yeah... and speaking of Bast's products, I had an espom salt bath last night.

DEEE-vine!
wthenrest said…
These are so cool. I thought that would be great for me because I could stand and be motored around. I thought when I saw it the first time at Coop that it was for a disabled person who possibly couldn't sit in a wheelchair...silly me.

Dido on how it would handle the winter...and the driver too...burrrrr
Anonymous said…
Very cool!

I first saw this high-tech gadget in Disneyland of all places. They have an area for Tomorrowland that features this kind of cool stuff... my favourite is still the interactive plasma screen fish bowl (you can feed them and make them change into different types of fish and draw things to swim with them - definately cool).

Anyway, the segways are neat and I'm jealous that you got the first sighting!

:)
JB

Popular Posts