Tag! You're it!

I've been tagged by a man I've not yet met. Seems odd, I know, but that's the 21st century in cyber-space for you. Turtle Guy is interested in my responses to the following questions - I'm flattered, if a little intimidated. Must be humorous, or somewhat deep! I'm not going to tag anyone else - because really, everyone else has already been tagged. And tagging strangers? Seems somewhat cheeky.

1: Black and White or Color; how do you prefer your movies?
Anyone who knows me knows I prefer B&W. Love the oldies, love anything with Astaire. Love Now, Voyager, with Bette Davis and Paul Henreid. Love Summertime with Kate Hepburn. Goes w/o saying I love Casablanca too. Need to see Good Night and Good Luck because I'd love to see George Clooney in B&W. (I'd love to see George Clooney in anything, really, or nothing at all...)

2: What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?
I hate to say it, but anything to do with kids. I just tune right out.

3: MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favorite medium for prerecorded music?
MP3s? What is this magic of which you speak? Ya, I'll stick with tapes (because that's what my car stereo can play) and CDs (because I have a cool storage rack for them).

4: You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?
Pretty much, ya. Then I would find a loophole in the contract and re-connect with everyone later. Like maybe change my name so it wasn't really me who was contacting them. Kind of like the old Kobayashi Moru manoeuvre that Kirk pulled in Star Trek II. If faced with a hopeless situation, change the rules.

5: Seriously, what do you consider the world's most pressing issue now?
Tedious - next question. There are too many.

6: How would you rectify the world's most pressing issue?
Equally tedious.

7: You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?
Be born a man. Probably be making two or three times what I am now.

8: You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?
Luther's nailing of his 95 Theses to the church door in Wittenberg. Seems strange, I know, considering I'm a Protestant and all. But the Protestant Reformation really was one of the worst transitions for women in history. Put us back tremendously. Opened the door to the Witchcraze. Closed the door on any other life choices beyond being the Good Wyfe.

9: A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole Opry: which do you choose?
Opry, hands down. No time for high culture - just pop culture. So most of my time in Cambridge was rather wasted on me. Except for the fine wines - they were ok. But so was the plonk. You see what I mean.

10: What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you'd like to solve?
What happened to the Mary Celeste's crew? That one's always bothered me. I know, I know, it's a mystery, not a crime, but I prefer that question. Don't like crimes. Also would like to know if Nessie, Ogopogo and the Sasquatch really do exist. Cryptobiology is quite fascinating. Oh, and what actually impacted at Tunguska in 1908? And if the Mars "face" is really a beguiling message left to ourselves as to our true planetray origins. Shall I go on? I could, you know. Very curious about mysteries - not so much on crimes.

11: One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?
Probably Germaine Greer. She's a hoot when she gets going. Give her a couple of ports and watch the fireworks. Serve her a meal? Why? Just keep the drinks coming. She won't notice there was no meal after awhile. Now if she cancelled out on me on short notice (known to occur), I'd probably invite Sharon Butala - because she's just lovely. And I'd serve paella and tortilla - because I could.

12: You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky - what's the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact?
Nothing different. Don't really live my life on that basis. More on the Golden Rule basis, or the Thumper Principle, if you will (If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.) Don't do all that well on the Thumper Principle. Ah, well. Room for improvement, for sure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go, girl, go! Love the Thumper Principle.
Turtle Guy said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Turtle Guy said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Turtle Guy said…
...Turtle needs a reading lamp in his shell - or some new Turtle Glasses!

OK, let's try this again... the delete was me yesterday and yet again just now - I left my comment, decided to edit some horrific spelling (or typing, take your pick!), reposted and then deleted. It seems BOTH comments disappeared! Maybe the comment gods had something to do with it, I don't know.

Thanks for replying. I don't normally pass on forwards and such, because most of them are lame, but I found some interesting questions in this one - a couple that really made me think.

Firstly, my intention was not to intimidate - and I find it surprising - I didn't think the members of the PSL were susceptible to intimidation!

I appreciate your comments here, so let me acknowledge a few of them that caught my attention:

#4 Changing the rules - very slick! "a way to always win" is a great attitude!

#8 Would love to discuss this with you - I have some similar thoughts, some thoughts of my own and some questions!

#11 Germaine Greer is a name that doesn't ring any bells for me - although I'm interested...

#12 Ah, the Thumper Principle. I must say, interesting timing with respect to this...

Thanks for being a good sport - as cheezy as tags can be, thanks for playing
Sarah Elaine said…
Hhhmmm... I think I have some more reading to do... I don't even know who your two favorite authors are!

Shame on me...
zouzou said…
Good on ya, I DO know who Germaine and Sharon are, so I can honestly say good choice! I would like to resurrect Dorothy Parker myself, despite the fact that she was manic and an alcoholic. Art does that to you.
wthenrest said…
All I can say is interesting ...verrrrry interesting.

Popular Posts