Conference Basics

As I mentioned, I spent most of last week at a conference, and I started thinking about why we get together at these things, and what we learn at them when we do.

As I pondered, I realized that any conference I had ever been at essentially left me with three messages:

1) Feel the love.
2) Be the change.
3) The moment is now.

That's it. The first one is admittedly kind of warm and fuzzy, but that's what happens when like-minds congregate. Hums of Kumbaya all round and accompanying swaying happening out in the hallways at breaks.

The second two are more inspirational messages, especially appealing to an only child (because it's all about me - refer to earlier post). I can be the change! I can change the world, or at least my tiny part of it. And I'd better do it right now, as I'm not getting any younger. Go forth and improve, innovate, and implement, my friends. Time is short; the end is nigh, la, la, la, la....

Where was I? Oh, yes. I really don't need to go to any other conferences, ever again, in my life. This is an epiphany. I just need my three-message mantra and I'll save gobs of money. Unless I get paid to work at them. Then they are incredibly important catalyst events that will create ongoing networks and important new projects.

Just consultant-speak for saying "Feel the love," "Be the change," and, "The moment is now", really.

Comments

Turtle Guy said…
Sounds like three steps to a better life.

I must have missed something along the way... What was the conference?
Sarah Elaine said…
I take it that you are no longer feeling the effects of SAD?

Popular Posts