Out of it

I've been out of it for some time now. The "it" meaning life in general, I suppose. Feeling a tad rudderless, which is suspiciously like a mid-life crisis. I had a mid-mid-life crisis when I was 20, so I've been there, done that, but somehow this one seems to bring with it more melancholy.

So what to do? Ah, therein lies the crux of the issue. What to do with the rest of my life. Maybe I should go back to school (shudder). Maybe I should buy a house (peels of laughter - I recently calculated that to buy an average-priced home in Calgary - $375,000 - I would have to earn $130,000/year. ) Maybe I should get a dog (oops, not allowed by The Cat or The Landlord.)

Maybe I should just suck it up, Princess. Things could be a lot worse. And I do have fabulous new lino and carpet in my apartment after much upheaval. And no back strain as a result. A Very Good Thing.

I think I should turn my mind back to changing the world. I have recently tried to salvage some of the Sunnyside School trees that are scheduled for death by chainsaw soon. Tried to convince the powers that be that more Urban Bird Condo Timeshares are needed. And you know what? They are considering it. I shall consider it a personal triumph if it happens.

And maybe that's really all that matters after all. Making a difference - any difference.

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
Wasn't it Mother Teresa who, when asked, "What difference one person could make, after all, aren't we just a drop in the bucket?" answered with, "Yes, but it is my drop."

Dunno if that's a true story or not, but it does make you think...

BTW, you are not out of it. Perish the very thought! Now snap out of it and smell the coffee brewed in that funky hood you live in, sista! (Just don't spill any coffee on the new carpet!)
zouzou said…
sometimes being out of it provides much insight, after the pain and agony of it all! hang in there.
Turtle Guy said…
No insightful words of wisdom here... sorry... just hope you find what makes you happy. Revel in the new carpet... and coffee?? Oh yah, coffee!!

Popular Posts