SINK or SWIM?

So here we are in the dog days of summer - Calgary is more humid than I have ever felt it (climate change pundits take note). Makes one think, as it is simply too GD hot to do anything else.

I currently self-identify as a SINK - single income, no kids. But I am definitely living in a DINK city. You need two incomes to even consider buying one of our overpriced half-million dollar bungalows. I know, I know - life isn't fair. But humans need to have hope to thrive, and I'm not feeling the love right now - hence the SINK and not DINK label.

Interestingly enough, StatCan today released a report that labelled Calgary as a Young Boys' Club. We have one of the highest ratios of young, male inhabitants in Canada. And just when I thought I had cracked the Old Boys' Club. Many of these men are SINKs, but they are special SINKs - they are Oilpatch SINKs. Much higher SI counts than most SINK women.

A colleague said to me today that I need a sugar daddy. As he was of a certain age himself, I wasn't sure how to take that, so vehemently affirmed my desire to remain single and do it myself.

I think I need a new acronym. Yea, that'll do it.

How about SWIM? Single, With Incalculable Money. Love it, love it, love it!

Huzzah! Must dash now to make incalculable money.

Comments

Sarah Elaine said…
There you go again, re-writing history.

Rock on, sista.
Turtle Guy said…
Money? Did someone say money? With all that, why are you so hot?

Popular Posts