Are You Kidding Me?

I'll get back to politics in a tic - it all got too ghastly to deal with, especially when I was in Ottawa with 35 cm of snow, -20 degrees and transit strike.

But I have to really wonder what our fellow citizens and media are doing these days. Take a look at these headlines from the Calgary Herald:

Alberta rig count at lowest level since '93
Land sale prices hit 10-year low
TSX slips up on oil drop
Calgary home sales slide to lowest since '96

And then this gem:

Canadians not deflated about economic outlook

Huh? Unbelievable. Stay tuned folks - it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Comments

Turtle Guy said…
Perhaps the difference here is that between hype and reality.

In reality, we are NOT in worse conditions than the dirty thirties (which is one outlook I'd heard a while back) and in my humble (or not so humble) opinion, the media is largely to blame for inflating these issues, and I think that the Canadians who are "not deflated..." realize this and don't buy in to the hype.

The ecconomy is normalizing after having been so hyper-inflated. It's not all doom and gloom.

Popular Posts